Apply for a Grant
Ashley, Churchill & Thorner Educational Trust provides grants to cover educational costs such as books, equipment, specialist materials and clothing, educational visits and more; in order to help those benefitting to prepare for a trade or profession.
To qualify for a grant:
- Applicants must live within 5 miles of Dorchester or in the Civil Parish of Crossways
- Applicants must be under 25
- Applicants family’s household income (or their own if self-supporting) and circumstances are such that they are in need of financial support.
The award varies depending on circumstances, with the maximum being £750 a year. Awards may be paid each year of the study period, dependent on the applicant meeting the criteria and a new application being completed. A proportion of the grant may be paid before the applicant has enrolled on the new course, with the remainder being paid upon confirmation of their enrolment.
Applicants will need to provide:
- A completed Grant Application Form which will provide us with the applicant’s general information. Please try to give as much detail as possible and be specific about the costs that the grant is being used to support.
- If applicants live with their family (when in Dorchester/Crossways) they should ask them to help complete section B.
- Applicants family (or themselves if self-supporting) should send copies of supporting documentation to identify financial need. This can be sent separately to the Grant Application Form and is dealt with the highest levels of sensitivity. These copies of documents are stored securely and then destroyed with sensitive waste unless applicants have asked for them to be returned.
- Applicants should provide contact details of a current tutor or admissions department on the application form. This enables us to seek confirmation that the applicant has enrolled on the course or training for which the grant is sought.
All awards are granted at the discretion of the Trustees.
If there are any queries, please do not hesitate to get in contact with us and we will get back to you as soon as we are able.