Apply for a Grant
Ashley, Churchill & Thorner Educational Trust provides grants to cover educational costs such as books, exam fees, equipment / materials, Educational Visits and more; in order to help those benefitting to prepare for a trade or profession.
To qualify for a grant:
- You must live within 5 miles of Dorchester or in the Civil Parish of Crossways
- You must be under 25
- Your parents / household income (or your own if self supporting) must be below £30,800 a year
The award varies depending on circumstances, with the maximum being £500 a year. Awards may be paid each year of the study period, dependent upon a satisfactory tutor's report.
You will need to provide:
- A completed Students application form which will provide us with your general information.
- Your parents (or yourself if self-supporting) should complete the Parents application form which will provide us with the financial information we need to assess your grant application.
- A reference or letter in support from the Head Teacher, College Tutor or other person responsible for the applicant's studies. (Failure to provide this may delay a decision by the Trustees.)
Both application forms must be completed and sent to us (together or separately), or your application will not be considered. All awards are granted at the discretion of the Trustees.
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to get in contact with us and we will get back to you as soon as we are able.